Amoxicillin 875 mg Tablets
Amoxicillin (Amoxil®) is an antibiotic approved for treating a wide variety of different infections. It is available by prescription only and comes in numerous forms and strengths, including:
- 500 mg amoxicillin capsules
- 500 mg amoxicillin tablets
- 875 mg amoxicillin tablets
- 200 mg amoxicillin chewable tablets
- 400 mg amoxicillin chewable tablets
- Amoxicillin 200 mg/5 mL oral suspension (available in 50, 75, and 100 mL bottles)
- Amoxicillin 250 mg/5 mL oral suspension (available in 100 and 150 mL bottles)
- Amoxicillin 400 mg/5 mL oral suspension (available in 50, 75, and 100 mL bottles)
- Amoxicillin 50 mg/mL pediatric drops (available in 50 mL bottles).
Your healthcare provider will recommend a dosage for you based on several factors, including:
- Your age and weight
- The type of infection and bacteria
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may currently be taking.
Be sure to follow your healthcare provider's dosing instructions carefully. Try to space the doses out as evenly as possible (every 12 hours for twice-daily doses or every 8 hours for thrice-daily dosing).
(Click Amoxicillin Dosage for more detailed amoxicillin dosing information, including tips on when and how to take the drug and important warnings and precautions for using this medication.)