Interested in a Discount on Amoxicillin?
Enter your email address to see if eMedTV's free DiscountRx service has a program that could help you save on your prescription(s).
Enter Your Email Address
Thank you!Thank you for your interest in DiscountRx from eMedTV. An email has been sent to the address you provided. Please follow the link within that email to see what offers may be available.
Some general considerations include the following:
- Amoxicillin comes as capsules, tablets, chewable tablets, pediatric drops, and oral suspension (liquid). For most conditions, it is usually taken by mouth two or three times a day (except for gonorrhea, which is treated with a single, one-time dose). One long-acting product (Moxatag) is taken just once a day.
- For most amoxicillin products, you can take the medication with food or on an empty stomach. If it bothers your stomach, try taking it with food. However, Moxatag should be taken within one hour after finishing a meal.
- Be sure to shake the oral suspension or pediatric drops well before each dose. The suspension and drops taste better if stored in the refrigerator.
- A dose of the oral suspension or pediatric drops can be added to formula, milk, fruit juice, water, ginger ale, or cold drinks if necessary. The mixture should then be taken immediately and completely.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it too soon.
The dose of amoxicillin that your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- The type of infection and bacteria
- Your age and weight
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may currently be taking.
As with any medication, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Amoxicillin Dosage for more information.)