Strengths and Storage Info for Amoxicillin
The medication comes in the following strengths and forms:
- Amoxicillin 500 mg capsules
- Amoxicillin 500 mg tablets
- Amoxicillin 875 mg tablets
- Amoxicillin 775 extended-release tablets
- Amoxicillin 200 mg chewable tablets
- Amoxicillin 400 mg chewable tablets
- Amoxicillin 200 mg/5 mL oral suspension (available in 50, 75, and 100 mL bottles)
- Amoxicillin 250 mg/5 mL oral suspension (available in 100 and 150 mL bottles)
- Amoxicillin 400 mg/5 mL oral suspension (available in 50, 75, and 100 mL bottles)
- Amoxicillin 50 mg/mL pediatric drops (available in 50 mL bottles).
Store amoxicillin capsules, tablets, and chewable tablets at room temperature, away from moisture and heat. It is best to keep the suspension and pediatric drops in the refrigerator after being mixed (by your pharmacist), although this is not necessary. The suspension and drops must be discarded within 14 days of being mixed.
Keep amoxicillin and all medications out of the reach of children.