There are currently several different generic amoxicillin products available. The generic antibiotic is available in a number of strengths and comes in the form of capsules, tablets, chewable tablets, and oral suspension. Generic amoxicillin is manufactured by a few drug companies, including Apothecon Laboratories, Teva Pharmaceuticals, and Sandoz.
An Overview of Generic Amoxicillin
Amoxicillin (Amoxil®, Moxatag™) is a prescription antibiotic medication used to treat a variety of different infections. It belongs to a group of medications known as aminopenicillins.
Brand-name Amoxil is made by GlaxoSmithKline. However, it has come off patent and is available as a generic. Brand-name Moxatag is made by MiddleBrook Pharmaceuticals, Inc. It is not available in generic form (see Generic Moxatag).
Strengths of Generic Amoxicillin
Generic amoxicillin is available in the following strengths:
- Amoxicillin 250 mg capsules
- Amoxicillin 500 mg capsules
- Amoxicillin 500 mg tablets
- Amoxicillin 875 mg tablets
- Amoxicillin 125 mg chewable tablets
- Amoxicillin 250 mg chewable tablets
- Amoxicillin 200 mg chewable tablets
- Amoxicillin 400 mg chewable tablets
- Amoxicillin 125 mg/5 mL oral suspension
- Amoxicillin 200 mg/5 mL oral suspension
- Amoxicillin 250 mg/5 mL oral suspension
- Amoxicillin 400 mg/5 mL oral suspension.
Who Makes Generic Amoxicillin?
Generic amoxicillin is made by many different companies, including Teva Pharmaceuticals, Sandoz, and Apothecon Laboratories.