General Information on Augmentin Treatment
Considerations to keep in mind when taking Augmentin include the following:
- The medication comes in tablets, chewable tablets, and a suspension (liquid) form. It is taken every 8 or 12 hours, depending on the particular product and dosage.
- Take each dosage with a meal or a snack, as this helps prevent stomach upset.
- The suspension form should be shaken thoroughly before each dose, as the medication tends to settle to the bottom of the bottle. Also, it should be stored in the refrigerator and discarded after 10 days of being mixed. You may have extra suspension left over after finishing the prescribed course of Augmentin; this should be discarded immediately.
- It is important that you finish your course of Augmentin, even if you start to feel better. Stopping it too soon could lead to the development of medication-resistant bacteria.
- For this medicine to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your Augmentin dosage, talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.