For most people, the recommended Avelox dosage is 400 mg once daily. The length of time for treatment will vary, depending on the type and severity of your infection; some infections can be treated within a week, while others may take longer. It is important to take your dose of Avelox at the same time each day, allowing approximately 24 hours between doses.
The dose of Avelox® (moxifloxacin) your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- The type of infection and bacteria
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be taking.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
The standard recommended Avelox dosage is 400 mg once daily. Be sure to finish your prescription, even if you start to feel better. Stopping the drug too soon could lead to the development of antibiotic-resistant bacteria. The length of time your healthcare recommends that you take Avelox will depend on the type and severity of your infections. Some infections can be treated with as few as five days of Avelox; others require much longer use.
Some considerations for people taking Avelox include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet and injectable form. It is usually taken once a day.
- You can take Avelox with or without food. If the medication bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Avelox can be taken at any time of the day; however, be sure to take the medication at the same time each day so that there are approximately 24 hours between doses.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Avelox will not work adequately if you stop taking it too soon.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or Avelox dosing in general, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.