Ceftazidime: Manufacturer Info and Available Strengths
Brand-name Fortaz is made by GlaxoSmithKline. Brand-name Tazicef is made by Sandoz GmbH for Hospira Worldwide, Inc. Generic versions are made by various manufacturers.
Ceftazidime comes in the following strengths and forms:
- Ceftazidime 500 mg vial
- Ceftazidime 1 gram (1000 mg) vial
- Ceftazidime 2 gram (2000 mg) vial
- Ceftazidime 6 gram (6000 mg) pharmacy "bulk package"
- Premixed frozen ceftazidime 1 gram (1000 mg) in 50 mL
- Premixed frozen ceftazidime 2 grams (2000 mg) in 50 mL.
The premixed frozen version of ceftazidime is available only as brand-name Fortaz. All of the other products are available as Tazicef, Fortaz, or generic versions.