Important Instructions for Cefuroxime Axetil
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking cefuroxime axetil if you have:
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- An allergy to cephalosporin or penicillin antibiotics
- Any other allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Ceftin and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Ceftin and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all of the medicines you take, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Precautions and Warnings With Cefuroxime Axetil to learn more, including information on who should not take the drug.)
Dosing InformationThe dose that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- The form of the medication (tablet or suspension)
- The type of infection being treated
- Your age and weight
- Any other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Cefuroxime Axetil Dosage for more information.)