General Information on Cephalexin Treatment
General Cephalexin Dosage InformationInformation for people taking cephalexin to keep in mind includes the following:
- Cephalexin comes as a capsule or oral suspension (liquid).
- Cephalexin should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level of medication in your system.
- Cephalexin can be taken with or without food. If it upsets your stomach, taking it with food may help.
- Drink a full glass of water with your cephalexin dosage.
- For cephalexin to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- Make sure that you complete your entire prescription, even if you start feeling better. This will ensure that the infection is completely treated.
- Never take outdated cephalexin. Taking any outdated medication may cause serious problems because the intended effects often change after the medicine expires.
- If you are unsure about anything related to cephalexin or your cephalexin dosage, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. Do not stop taking cephalexin without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.