Learning More About Ciprofloxacin
Storage InformationMost ciprofloxacin products should be stored at room temperature, away from moisture and heat. The oral liquid suspension can be stored in the refrigerator; however, do not allow it to freeze. The ear and eye drops should be protected from light. Keep this and all other medications out of the reach of children. Refer to the storage directions for your particular product.
Available Ciprofloxacin ProductsCiprofloxacin products are available in several different strengths and forms, including:
- Ciprofloxacin extended-release (Cipro® XR) 500 mg tablets
- Ciprofloxacin extended-release (Cipro XR) 1000 mg tablets
- Ciprofloxacin (Cipro) 100 mg tablets
- Ciprofloxacin (Cipro) 250 mg tablets
- Ciprofloxacin (Cipro) 500 mg tablets
- Ciprofloxacin (Cipro) 750 mg tablets
- Ciprofloxacin (Cipro) IV solution in 200-mg and 400-mg strengths
- Ciprofloxacin (Cipro) 250 mg per 5 mL oral liquid suspension
- Ciprofloxacin (Cipro) 500 mg per 5 mL oral liquid suspension
- Ciprofloxacin ophthalmic (Ciloxan®) 0.3% solution and ointment
- Ciprofloxacin ear drops (Cetraxal®) 0.2% solution
- Ciprofloxacin hydrochloride (Proquin XR) 500 mg tablets.