Precautions and Warnings With Ciprofloxacin
People who are already taking certain medications may not be able to take ciprofloxacin. Precautions and warnings also apply to people who have certain health conditions, such as liver disease, nerve problems, or tendon problems, just to name a few. In addition, you may not be able to use this antibiotic if you have certain allergies or are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Interested in a Discount on Ciprofloxacin?
Enter your email address to see if eMedTV's free DiscountRx service has a program that could help you save on your prescription(s).
Enter Your Email Address
Thank you!Thank you for your interest in DiscountRx from eMedTV. An email has been sent to the address you provided. Please follow the link within that email to see what offers may be available.
You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking ciprofloxacin if you have:
- Liver disease, such as cirrhosis, liver failure, or hepatitis
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Tendon or joint problems, such as rheumatoid arthritis
- Nerve problems, such as neuropathy
- Epilepsy or have ever had a seizure
- An irregular heartbeat or a heart rhythm problem known as QT prolongation, or have family members with these problems
- Low potassium levels in the blood
- Cerebral arteriosclerosis (hardening and thickening of the arteries of the brain)
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives
- Myasthenia gravis.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about any other medications you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.