Cleocin Side Effects
Because various forms of are Cleocin available, the side effects for each product may vary significantly. However, most people tolerate this medication well; if side effects do occur, they are typically mild and easy to treat. Notify your healthcare provider immediately if you have any serious reactions, such as bloody diarrhea, difficulty breathing, or swelling of the mouth.
An Introduction to Side Effects of CleocinJust like any medicine, Cleocin® (clindamycin) can cause side effects. However, not everyone who takes the medication will have problems. In fact, some people tolerate it quite well. If adverse reactions do occur, in many cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible Cleocin side effects. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list with you.)
Serious Cleocin Side EffectsSome side effects with Cleocin are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Severe or bloody diarrhea (this can occur with any Cleocin product and can occur while taking the medication or even several weeks after stopping it)
- Yellow skin (jaundice), which may be a sign of liver problems
- Low blood pressure or cardiac arrest (this may happen if the IV form is given too quickly)
- Signs of kidney problems, such as unexplained decreased urine production
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- An unexplained rash
- Swelling of the mouth or throat
- Difficulty breathing.