Some considerations to keep in mind during treatment with dicloxacillin include the following:
- This medication comes in capsule form. It is taken by mouth, usually every six hours.
- The length of treatment recommended will vary, depending on the type and severity of the infection. Usually, treatment is continued for at least two days after all signs and symptoms of the infection are gone.
- The capsules are best absorbed when taken on an empty stomach, at least one hour before or two hours after a meal.
- Take each dose with at least four ounces of water while upright. Do not go to bed immediately after taking the medication. These measures help to prevent irritation and damage to the esophagus.
- Make sure to finish the prescribed course of this antibiotic, as stopping dicloxacillin too soon can lead to a more serious infection.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or dicloxacillin dosing in general, please talk to your healthcare provider or pharmacist.