Some general considerations to keep in mind during treatment include the following:
- Floxin comes in tablet form. It is usually taken twice a day, about 12 hours apart.
- This medication can be taken with or without food. Try taking it with food if it upsets your stomach.
- Try to take it at the same times each day to keep an even level of the medicine in your bloodstream.
- Drink plenty of fluids while taking Floxin to keep yourself well hydrated.
- You should start to feel better within a couple of days of beginning treatment; however, it is important that you finish the entire course. Stopping the medicine too early may cause your infection to return, or lead to antibiotic resistance.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed.
The dosage your healthcare provider recommends will depend on a number of factors, including:
- The type and severity of the infection being treated
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be taking.
(Click Floxin Dosage for more information.)
Just like any medicine, Floxin may cause side effects. However, not everyone who uses the drug will experience problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well.
If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider. Serious reactions are less common.
The most common side effects seen with Floxin include:
(Click Floxin Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)