Important Instructions for Keflex
When and How Do I Take It?General considerations for when and how to take Keflex include the following:
- The medication comes as a capsule or liquid suspension. It is usually taken two to four times a day, depending on your healthcare provider's instructions.
- Keflex can be taken with or without food.
- Drink a full glass of water with each dose.
- Keflex should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your system.
- For the medication to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. Make sure that you complete your entire prescription, even if you start feeling better. This will ensure that the infection is completely treated.
- Never take outdated Keflex. Taking any outdated medication may cause serious problems because the intended effects often change after the medicine expires.
Dietary ConsiderationsThere are no dietary restrictions with Keflex. If you suffer from an upset stomach while taking it, try taking your dose with food or milk.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Keflex your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- The medical condition you are being treated for
- Your age
- If you have decreased kidney function
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you are currently taking.
As always, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Keflex Dosage for more information.)