Antibiotics Home > Azactam Side Effects
Some Azactam side effects are potentially serious and should be reported to your healthcare provider right away. These include but are not limited to:
- Persistent or severe pain, swelling, discomfort, or redness at the site of your injection
- Watery, bloody, or severe diarrhea, which could occur during or even after you stop using the medication
- A skin rash of any kind, as Azactam can cause a life-threatening skin reaction
- Dizziness, lightheadedness, or fainting
- Vaginal discharge, itching, or burning
- Unusual bleeding or bruising
- Blood in the urine
- Black or tarry stool
- Small red or purple spots on the skin
- Chest pain
- Unexplained fatigue or weakness
- Yellowing of the skin or whites of the eyes (jaundice)
- A numb tongue
- Signs of an allergic reaction to Azactam, such as:
- An unexplained rash
- Unexplained swelling, especially of the mouth, lips, or throat
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing.
You may experience some or none of the side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have problems with a medicine that you have never tried.
Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any adverse reactions while using the drug or if something "just does not seem right." While it may not be a side effect of Azactam, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.