Antibiotics Home > Generic Biaxin
Since all of the patents for Biaxin (clarithromycin) have expired, generic versions of the medication are available. Generic Biaxin is available in several strengths and is sold under the names Clarithromycin tablets, Clarithromycin extended-release tablets, and Clarithromycin granules (which are mixed to make an oral suspension). The FDA has assigned generic Biaxin products an "AB" rating, meaning they are equivalent to the brand-name medication.
Generic Biaxin: An OverviewBiaxin® (clarithromycin) is a prescription antibiotic medication used to treat a variety of different infections. It belongs to a group of medications known as macrolides. It is available in regular, immediate-release tablets; an oral solution (a liquid); and in long-acting, extended-release tablets (Biaxin XL).
- Clarithromycin 250 mg tablets
- Clarithromycin 500 mg tablets
- Clarithromycin extended-release 500 mg tablets
- Clarithromycin extended-release 1000 mg (1 gram) tablets
- Clarithromycin granules, which are mixed by your pharmacist into an oral suspension, with a concentration of 125 mg or 250 mg per teaspoonful (per 5 mL), depending on the strength.
- Apotex Corporation
- Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Roxane Laboratories, Inc.
- Teva Pharmaceuticals
- Watson Pharmaceuticals
- Wockhardt USA.