Antibiotics Home > Cedax
Cedax is a type of antibiotic prescribed to treat a number of bacterial infections. This medicine comes as a capsule or oral liquid, and is taken once a day for 10 days. Your prescribed dosage is calculated based on your age and weight, the severity of the infection, and other factors. Possible side effects include nausea, diarrhea, and headaches.
- This medication comes in capsule or oral suspension (liquid) form. It is taken by mouth once daily for 10 days.
- The oral suspension should be taken on an empty stomach, at least two hours before or one hour after a meal. Taking it with food decreases the absorption of the antibiotic, potentially making it less effective.
- For the capsules, you may take them with or without food.
- Make sure to shake the suspension well before each dose.
- Make sure to finish the prescribed course of this antibiotic, as stopping Cedax too soon can lead to more serious infections.