Antibiotics Home > Doxycycline Dosage
Your doxycycline dosage is based on factors like your age, what you are being treated for, and other medications you are taking. For example, the recommended dose for most bacterial infections is 100 mg to 200 mg a day. For malaria prevention, a dosage of doxycycline 100 mg a day for adults and 2 mg per kilogram of body weight for children is typically prescribed.
- The medical condition being treated
- The particular doxycycline product
- Your age
- Whether you have decreased kidney function
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you are taking.