Antibiotics Home > Doxycycline Uses
Common doxycycline uses include the treatment of acne, bacterial infections, anthrax infections, and the prevention of malaria. Doxycycline should not be used in children under the age of 8, because permanent discoloration and altered development of teeth may occur. Off-label doxycycline uses include the treatment of infections that are resistant to another antibiotic known as vancomycin.
- Treatment of bacterial infections
- Acne treatment
- An alternative for the prevention of malaria
- Treatment of anthrax infections
- Treatment of rosacea
- Treatment of periodontitis (gum disease).
- Certain types of pneumonia
- Rocky Mountain spotted fever
- Typhus fever
- Tick fever
- Syphilis (when unable to take penicillin)
- Some respiratory or urinary tract infections (UTIs)
- Lyme disease.