Antibiotics Home > Ensuring Your Safety With Erythromycin
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?Prior to taking this medication, tell your healthcare provider if you have:
- Liver disease, such as cirrhosis, liver failure, or hepatitis
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Myasthenia gravis
- An irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Erythromycin and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Erythromycin and Breastfeeding).