Antibiotics Home > Floxin Side Effects
In clinical studies, up to 10 percent of people reported nausea as a Floxin side effect. Fortunately, if adverse reactions are experienced with this drug, they are usually mild and easily treated. However, if you experience dark urine, difficulty breathing, seizures, or hallucinations while taking it, contact your healthcare provider right away.
An Introduction to Floxin Side EffectsJust like any medicine, Floxin® (ofloxacin) can cause side effects. However, not everyone who uses the medication will have problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with Floxin. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list with you.)
Common Side Effects of FloxinFloxin has been studied extensively in clinical trials. In these studies, the side effects that occurred in a group of people taking the drug were documented and then compared to those that occurred in a similar group of people taking either a placebo (a "sugar pill" with no active ingredients) or another antibiotic.
In these studies, the most commonly reported Floxin side effects included:
- Nausea -- in up to 10 percent of people
- Headache -- up to 9 percent
- Insomnia -- up to 7 percent
- External genital itching in women -- up to 6 percent
- Vaginal inflammation or infections, such as a yeast infection -- up to 5 percent
- Dizziness -- up to 5 percent
- Diarrhea -- up to 4 percent
- Vomiting -- up to 4 percent
- Rash -- up to 1 percent
- Itching -- up to 1 percent
- Changes in taste sensation -- up to 1 percent.