Antibiotics Home > Metronidazole Side Effects
As is common with older medications, only vague side effect information is available for metronidazole. Based on this limited information, side effects of metronidazole may include headaches, dry mouth, and sore throat. In most cases, these problems are mild and do not require medical attention. However, you should contact your healthcare provider if you experience seizures, numbness in a limb, or an allergic reaction.
- Vaginal irritation or infection
- Nausea, vomiting, or stomach pain
- Metallic taste in the mouth
- Bacterial infections
- Flu-like symptoms (such as a fever and chills)
- Genital itching
- Diarrhea or constipation
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Sinus infection
- Sore throat
- Painful menstrual periods
- Vaginal yeast infections
- Dry mouth
- Urinary tract infection (UTI), such as a bladder infection.