There is only one standard recommended dose for Moxatag
™ (amoxicillin ER
), regardless of your age or weight. As is always the case, do not adjust this amount unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Recommended Dose of Moxatag
The recommended Moxatag dosage for treating strep throat
in people age 12 and older is one tablet (775 mg) once daily for 10 days.
General Information on Moxatag Dosing
Some considerations for people taking this medication include the following:
- Moxatag comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth once a day.
- Your dose of Moxatag should be taken within one hour after finishing a meal.
- Swallow the tablets whole. Do not break, crush, chew, or dissolve them.
- Make sure to finish your prescription. Usually, it is taken for a full 10 days.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Moxatag may not work adequately or bacterial resistance may develop if you stop taking it too soon.
- If you are unsure about anything related to dosing with Moxatag, please talk with your healthcare provider.