Antibiotics Home > Moxifloxacin Eye Drops Dosage
In most cases, moxifloxacin eye drops are used three times daily for seven days. Each dose consists of one drop in the affected eye(s). When taking your dosage of moxifloxacin eye drops, make sure not to touch the tip of the dropper to any surface, including the surface of the eye. This will help prevent contamination.
An Introduction to Dosing With Moxifloxacin Eye DropsThere is only one standard recommended dose of moxifloxacin eye drops (Moxeza™, Vigamox®), regardless of your weight or age. As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
Moxifloxacin Eye Drops Dosage for Pink Eye
The recommended dosage of the Vigamox brand of moxifloxacin eye drops for bacterial conjunctivitis ("pink eye") symptoms in adults and children age one and older is one drop in the affected eye(s) three times a day for seven days. For the Moxeza brand of moxifloxacin eye drops, the recommended dosage for treating pink eye in adults and children age four months and older is one drop in the affected eye(s) twice daily for seven days.
General Information on Taking Your DoseConsiderations to keep in mind when using moxifloxacin eye drops include the following:
- This medication comes in the form of an eye drop.
- In order to prevent contamination of the drops, do not touch the tip of the dropper to any surface, including the surface of the eye.
- You should not wear contact lenses while using moxifloxacin eye drops, since you should not wear contacts while you have an eye infection.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as directed. Be sure to use moxifloxacin eye drops for the full time prescribed, even if your eye infection gets better sooner.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your moxifloxacin eye drops dosage, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.