Antibiotics Home > Nafcillin
- This medication is given by IV or injected into a muscle two to six times a day.
- The length of treatment recommended will vary, depending on the type and severity of the infection. Treatment is usually continued for at least two days after all signs and symptoms of the infection are gone.
- Make sure to finish the prescribed course of this antibiotic, as stopping it too soon can lead to a more serious infection.
- Your age
- Your weight (for children)
- The type and severity of the infection being treated
- Other medical conditions you may have.
- Allergic reactions
- Irritation or inflammation at the IV or injection site.