Antibiotics Home > Side Effects of Ofloxacin Otic Solution
Although most people do not experience problems while using ofloxacin otic solution, side effects can still occur. The most common problems include ear discomfort, a bitter taste, and itching in the ear. In most cases, side effects are minor; however, contact your healthcare provider immediately if you develop serious problems, such as severe or persistent ear pain, difficulty breathing, or white patches in your mouth.
An Introduction to Side Effects of Ofloxacin Otic SolutionJust like any medicine, ofloxacin otic solution (Floxin® Otic) can cause side effects. However, not everyone who uses the medication will have problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with ofloxacin otic solution. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list with you.)
Ofloxacin Otic Solution Side Effects to ReportPotentially serious side effects of ofloxacin otic solution that should be reported to your healthcare provider immediately include:
- Severe or persistent ear irritation or pain that does not go away or that gets worse with repeated ofloxacin otic solution use
- Signs of a fungal or yeast infection, such as itchy, flaky, or red skin or white patches in your mouth or throat
- Any unusual changes in thoughts or behavior, such as:
- Hallucinations (seeing or hearing things that are not there)
- Paranoia (feeling suspicious, or like people are out to get you)
- Feeling anxious, nervous, or restless
- Suicidal thoughts
- Problems sleeping
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- Unexplained skin rash
- Unexplained swelling of the mouth or throat
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing.