Antibiotics Home > Omnicef
Omnicef is prescribed for the treatment of common bacterial infections, such as bronchitis, pneumonia, and sinusitis. It works by preventing bacteria from making and maintaining their cell wall -- this eventually kills the bacteria and keeps the infection from spreading in the body. Omnicef comes in capsule or liquid form, and is typically taken once or twice a day.
- Middle ear infection (otitis media)
- Sinus infection (sinusitis)
- Skin infection (cellulitis)
- Throat infection (strep throat).
- The medication comes as a capsule or suspension (liquid). It is usually taken once or twice a day, depending on your healthcare provider's instructions.
- Make sure to shake Omnicef suspension well just before each dose.
- It should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level of the medication in your system.
- For the medication to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed.
- Make sure that you complete your entire prescription, even if you start feeling better. This will ensure that the infection is completely treated.