Antibiotics Home > Oxacillin Overdose
If you think you have received too much oxacillin, alert the medical staff immediately. An overdose on this drug may result in seizures, brain problems, or vomiting. The specific effects will depend on how much of the drug was used and whether it was combined with any other medications. If an overdose occurs, you will need to be monitored closely for any complications that might occur.
Oxacillin is a prescription medication that belongs to the penicillin group of antibiotics. As with any medication, it is possible to overdose on this product.
The specific effects of an overdose can vary, depending on a number of factors, including the oxacillin dosage and whether it was combined with any other medications or substances.
Although there is little detailed information about what exactly to expect with an oxacillin overdose, some of the possible effects of an overdose with a penicillin antibiotic like oxacillin might include:
People who have been given too much oxacillin should be kept under close medical supervision to watch for any problems or complications that arise. Dialysis is not helpful for removing the excess oxacillin from the bloodstream.
It is important that you seek medical attention immediately if you believe that you may have received an oxacillin overdose.