Antibiotics Home > When to Report Reactions to Plaquenil
There are a number of possible Plaquenil side effects that you should report immediately to your healthcare provider, including, but not limited to:
- Psychotic thoughts or behaviors (such as hallucinations or delusions)
- Hearing loss
- Muscle weakness or numbness
- Any vision changes (Plaquenil can cause severe and permanent eye damage)
- Easy bruising or bleeding
- Frequent or severe infections
- Signs of heart problems, such as swelling of the ankles, shortness of breath, or an irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- An unexplained rash (Plaquenil can cause severe, life-threatening rashes)
- Unexplained swelling (especially of the lips, mouth, or throat)
- Wheezing or other breathing problems.
Final Thoughts on Plaquenil Side Effects
It is possible that you may experience some or none of the Plaquenil side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have side effects from a medicine that you have never tried. Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while taking Plaquenil or if something "just does not seem right." While it may not be a side effect of Plaquenil, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.