Antibiotics Home > Suprax
Suprax is prescribed to treat bacterial infections. This medicine comes in many different forms, and is taken once or twice a day. Your individual dosage is calculated based on your age and weight, the severity of the infection, and other medical conditions you have. Side effects include nausea, loose stools, and diarrhea.
- This medication comes in tablet, capsule, chewable tablet, or oral suspension (liquid) form. It is taken by mouth once or twice a day.
- The length of treatment recommended will vary, depending on the type and severity of the infection.
- You may take this medication with or without food. If it seems to bother your stomach, try taking it with a little food.
- Make sure to shake the suspension well before each dose.
- Make sure to finish the prescribed course of this antibiotic, as stopping it too soon can lead to more serious infections.