Antibiotics Home > When to Avoid Tetracycline
- You are allergic to tetracycline, related medications (such as doxycycline or minocycline), or any inactive ingredients used in making tetracycline. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist has a list of the inactive ingredients in tetracycline.
- You are treating a child less than eight years of age (except in extreme and necessary cases).
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You have liver failure or disease.
- You have kidney failure or disease.