Antibiotics Home > Vantin
A healthcare provider may prescribe Vantin to treat various bacterial infections. It comes as a tablet or oral suspension (liquid), and is usually taken twice daily. Your dosage will be calculated based on your age and weight, the severity of the infection, and other medications you are taking, among other factors. Side effects can include nausea, diarrhea, and yeast infections.
- This medication comes in tablet or oral suspension (liquid) form. Vantin is taken by mouth, usually twice a day.
- The length of treatment recommended will vary, depending on the type and severity of the infection.
- The tablets are best absorbed when taken with food. For the liquid, you may take it with or without food.
- Make sure to shake the suspension well before each dose.
- Make sure to finish the prescribed course of this antibiotic, as stopping Vantin too soon can lead to more serious infections.