Antibiotics Home > Safety Information for Vibramycin
Dosing Information for VibramycinThe dosage that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- The condition being treated
- Your weight (for children)
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you are currently taking.
Side Effects of VibramycinAs with any medicine, side effects are possible. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience side effects. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor, meaning that they require no treatment or are easily treated by your healthcare provider.
Drug InteractionsVibramycin may potentially interact with a number of medicines (see Vibramycin Drug Interactions).
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider Before Taking Vibramycin?You should talk to your healthcare provider prior to taking this drug if you have:
- Liver disease or liver failure
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Frequent yeast infections
- Any other allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Doxycycline and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Doxycycline and Breastfeeding).