Teva Pharmaceuticals, Pliva, and Sandoz are a few of the companies that manufacture generic Zithromax (azithromycin). The generics are sold in a number of strengths and forms. A few of the available strengths of Azithromycin tablets include 250 mg, 500 mg, and 600 mg. Among the strengths of the oral suspension form of the drug are 100 mg/5 mL and 200 mg/5 mL.
Can I Buy Generic Zithromax?Zithromax® (azithromycin) is a prescription medication that has been licensed to treat several conditions. Some uses for Zithromax include the treatment of bacterial infections, such as:
- Respiratory infections (including bronchitis)
- Ear infections (otitis media)
- Sinus infections (sinusitis)
- Throat infections (tonsillitis/pharyngitis)
- Skin infections (cellulitis, folliculitis, or impetigo)
Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID)
- Sexually transmitted diseases (STD), including:
Zithromax is manufactured by Pfizer and has come off-patent, making it available as a generic.
Generic Zithromax is sold under the names Azithromycin tablets and Azithromycin oral suspension. It comes in a number of different strengths, including:
- Azithromycin 250 mg tablets
- Azithromycin 500 mg tablets
- Azithromycin 600 mg tablets
- Azithromycin 100 mg/5 mL oral suspension -- each teaspoon (5 ml) containing 100 mg of azithromycin
- Azithromycin 200 mg/5 mL oral suspension -- each teaspoon (5 ml) containing 200 mg of azithromycin.