You should talk to your healthcare provider prior to taking this drug if you have:
- Liver disease or liver failure
- Kidney disease such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Frequent yeast infections
- Any other allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
Tell your healthcare provider about all other medicines you may be taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Minocycline Precautions and Warnings to learn more, including information on who should not take the drug.)
People who take too much minocycline may have overdose symptoms that could include:
If you happen to overdose, seek immediate medical attention (see Minocycline Overdose).
Minocycline capsules and tablets should be stored at room temperature. Minocycline should be kept protected from light, moisture, and excessive heat.
Keep minocycline and all medications out of the reach of children.