Interested in a Discount on Plaquenil?
Enter your email address to see if eMedTV's free DiscountRx service has a program that could help you save on your prescription(s).
Enter Your Email Address
Thank you!Thank you for your interest in DiscountRx from eMedTV. An email has been sent to the address you provided. Please follow the link within that email to see what offers may be available.
Some general considerations include the following:
- Plaquenil comes in tablet form. It is taken once a week to prevent malaria, starting two weeks before anticipated exposure and continuing until four to eight weeks after you return from the high-risk area. For other uses, it is usually taken once or twice a day.
- It is best to take Plaquenil with food or a glass of milk in order to prevent stomach upset.
- Using this medication for malaria prevention in children creates unique problems, since it is available only in adult-strength tablets and since the drug is extremely bitter. However, your healthcare provider and pharmacist can work together to create a solution to these problems for your child.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Plaquenil will not work adequately if you stop taking it too soon.
The dose of Plaquenil that your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- The medical condition being treated (or prevented)
- Your age and weight
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may currently be taking.
As is the case with any medication, do not adjust your Plaquenil dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Plaquenil Dosage for more information.)