Interested in a Discount on Rocephin?
Enter your email address to see if eMedTV's free DiscountRx service has a program that could help you save on your prescription(s).
Enter Your Email Address
Thank you!Thank you for your interest in DiscountRx from eMedTV. An email has been sent to the address you provided. Please follow the link within that email to see what offers may be available.
By affecting the cell wall of bacteria, Rocephin helps kill bacteria (and thus keeps them from infecting the body).
Some general considerations for when and how to take Rocephin include:
- The medicine is only available as a solution for intramuscular injection or intravenous (IV) administration. It is usually given once or twice a day, depending on your healthcare provider's instructions.
- The Rocephin solution should be clear and contain no visible floating material.
- It should be injected at the same time each day to maintain an even level of the drug in your system.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be administered as prescribed. Your entire course of the antibiotic will be completed, even if you start feeling better. This will ensure that the infection is completely treated.
- Outdated Rocephin should never be used. Any outdated medication may cause serious problems because the intended effects often change after the expiration date has passed.
There are no diet restrictions with this medication. Patients should be aware that it does contain a small amount of sodium (83 mg per 1 gram of Rocephin).
The dosage your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- The medical condition you are being treated for
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be currently taking.
As always, you should not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Dosing With Rocephin for more information.)